Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Neither Snow Will Stop the Sweeper?

311 declaimed that unfortunate phrase today: opposite side of the street parking is in effect. I swear I could hear a hint of jubilance in the voice recording. So I spun the wheels of my car in the slushy snow and obediently doubled parked my car on the opposite side. But on the opposite side of the opposite side were mounds of snow and ice where our cars had peacefully sat. So, as I write this, I’m listening for that big, mean, unmistakable sound of the street cleaner. I’m interested to see exactly how the cleaner will clean this snowy mess. Or, perhaps it will never come, or perhaps it will sail by in the the dead center of the road and the driver will give me a shrug and say, “I clean streets, not snow.” Perhaps that city rule with the obnoxiously long name should have been suspended today. I’ll let you know what happens.

No comments: