Thursday, March 1, 2007

Run into "THE UNDERMINER"

My fellow 5th Avenue friend and writer, Mike Albo, is writing a column for gawaker.com in the voice of his character The Underminer: The Best Friend Who Casually Destroys Your Life. I’ve known Mike for a really long time, and he’s getting really famous, and like we are sort of friends. I mean sometimes I hear from somebody else that he got my text message. I shouldn’t have said he lives near me. The quickest way to lose your famous friends is to tell people where they live. Okay, so he doesn’t really live near me, I mean it could be blocks or like miles away. So, anyway, I’m going over to Gorilla coffee right now. Sometimes I run into him there. It’s so cool when he looks up and waves.

2 comments:

Sharon Mesmer said...

I thought you weren't going to get personal. See, now you have to have a sidebar: "What's Up with Dato?"

p.s. Is it supposed to rain today do you know?

The Slanter said...

They're saying it’s never going to rain again.

And if/when our dear neighbor Dato returns I'll interview him all about his life. Okay, Ms. Mesmer? But people on my blog usually have to have more than a fifty yard radius of fame. What's your radius of fame?