Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Slanter’s Good Bet for Friday Night

Issue Project Room (400 Carroll Str.) wants you to come smell the work of Baltimore based artist Laure Drogoul this Friday at 8 PM. She’ll be performing her “Portable Scentorium.” The last time I smelled a performance was when Penny Arcade vomited on the stage of PS122. As compelling as that was I don’t think Drogoul will be nauseating us with her “infusions derived from various fragrant flora.” We were graciously hosted by the city of Baltimore when our theater company performed there last fall, so a Baltimore artist in my neck of the urban woods gets my Good Bet. Visit Drogoul’s website to take her olfactory survey.

Correction: Issue Project Room has changed the time for this event...almost at the last minute. It will now start at 6 PM and end at 9 PM. I'm jumping in the shower now. I'll let you know what I smell. (Posted on March 2nd, 4:25 PM)

No comments: