Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Opposite Side of the Street Rebellion in Effect

Someone tell the mayor we moved our cars but he forgot to tell the street cleaners to sweep the streets. I mentioned in my last post that I would listen and watch for the sweeper, interested to see how it could be driven over mounds of snow. Where I sit at my desk allows me to look out onto my street. I never heard or saw one. “Of course you didn’t,” said my neighbor. “You can’t drive those sweepers over all this snow.” No, of course you can’t. Did anyone see a sweeper out today? Perhaps the mayor should stop taking the subway and walk the streets to see what is so apparent to everyone in the city including the people who drive the sweepers. I want my ten minutes of law-abiding time back. And I want back the better parking spot I had. Darn it.

3 comments:

Sharon Mesmer said...

Oh, complaints, complaints. When I was a kid we didn't have streets to park our cars on -- we had to park them up our own asses. Which is why you see so many huge asses on the streets of Chicago today. Some of those cars are still up there. That's why those people are so mean.

The Slanter said...

Ass-parking... What a brilliant idea! See how clueless the mayor is. He could never come up with such simple, yet elegant solution to our parking woes. Sometimes you have to look to the past to find the solutions for the future.

Sharon Mesmer said...

Forget the past — look to the ass!